Friday, March 24, 2006

Where Everybody Knows Your Name





Yeah, whenever I walk in here, everyone shouts, "Norm!"
OK, not really.
The Yarn Lounge is in Carytown and just celebrated their first anniversary. Excellent mojo here. Homer is the self-appointed greeter, even though he's quite shy. Stewart (shown above bonding with her laptop) is the owner. There is an actual lounge area farther back, but folks seem to congregate up front : you feel like you're at the kitchen table. Melissa and Melanie were on duty on the day I had my camera. Yarn, supplies, books, mags, patterns, classes; they sure are expanding my horizons. They specialize in all of the natural fibers, so you can find silk, yak, cashmere, quiviut, etc., as well as the best of wool, cotton, and mohair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Looks like a great place. I love the kitchen table atmosphere -- one of my favorite places to congregate, too.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ande said...

Nope, no store like that that I've found around here. You are very lucky!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home