Saturday, June 17, 2006

Things Could Be Worse


The spinning guild had a sit& spin/picnic today, at a member's country home, restored, historic, on the garden tour,etc. My weekend was planned around it.As I reached into the fridge for my chocolate pie, (I did the whipped cream by hand, with a whisk, and added the contents of a real vanilla bean, thank you very much), I noticed the light bulb was out. Better change it to make sure it's the bulb and not the fridge! Haha! Wiggled things, swore at them, Reikied them, checked the circuit breaker, checked the plug. Lifeless fridge. Tamping down the rising panic, I drove to the Sears Scratch and Dent Outlet (did I mention the car broke down last week?Sven needed a new alternator.) Bought a fridge for $300. I enjoy shopping as much as the next girl, but there is no thrill at all in buying a refrigerator. After stocking up on bags of ice, I returned home to wait for a phone call sometime in the next 48 hours, which will let me know generally when I might begin to expect delivery.
As I was installing large heavy pointy painfully cold ice bags in the old fridge, I heard something. A hum. The fridge had resurrected itself. But now it can't be trusted, so I did not cancel the new fridge. Fifteen years is a fair life expectancy for a refrigerator, right?
(Patients of the Week)

1 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

I tried to leave you a comment earlier but because of my updated Virus program it wouldn't let me. I loved your pie! I am not a huge cake fan, but give me a pie and I am a happy camper!

The baby birds look like they are ready for pie too!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home