Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Roz Blanket




Due to popular demand ( an off-hand query by Chesley ) I'm blogging again.

Roz is a serious fiber person : she deals with sheep for a living. A dozen or so denizens of the Yarn Lounge, plus owner Stewart, conspired to make The Roz Blanket. Melanie, despite her misgivings about having thirteen different components, stitched it all together and added the border. Sunday afternoon was the presentation. Roz suspected nothing, even when we raised glasses of champagne to her. Then, (photo one) she notices the blanket ( or did we decide it was really a throw? ). All but one of the strips are perfectly beautiful. I was going for the folk art look, myself, and the concept might be described as a design flaw. But there's as much love in my bit as everyone else's. The other photos are of some of the relevant celebrants.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Design flaw? Please!
I felt envious of your originality and innovation-and I am totally serious.

Glad to see I egged you into another entry, please note I do not keep a blog of my own.
xo
Chesley

2:59 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love the "blanket of scarves" -- what a brilliant concept! Turned out beautifully, and EVERY "scarf" in it is beautiful, including YOURS. :-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

Thanks for the entries. I check on a regular basis. Love the chicken story with the happy ending.
Cate

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home