Friday, August 25, 2006

Stitches Mid-Atlantic



Not a knitting event, just minor surgery. A bit of non-malignant cancer removed by a surgeon (who looked to be about seventeen years old). Lots of lidocaine pumped into my face which gave me a headache as it dispersed.
Fear not : there is some knitting progress to be reported. From Stahman's Shawls and Scarves, the very simplest of the Faroese shawls is being attempted, with the cashmere/silk fiber previously loitering on the dining room table. It's more fun to spin than to knit it so far. Using big needles on little yarn feels funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

My goondess that doesn't look like minor surgery to me! I whined about three stitches when I cut finger, but this...well looks more serious. I sure hope that you will feel better soon and that having the 17yr. doctor doesn't keep you from thinking he didn't know what he was doing. Stitches look pretty even, so maybe his $200,000 in student loans were worth it. Could a simple sewing class been as good?? lol!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Ande said...

Holy Crap! I go away for a week and come back to you looking like Scarface! Or Birdie. Yipes! I'm glad you had it removed. I have a friend who won't have an odd spot looked at because it's 'nothing'.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home