Monday, September 18, 2006

Lilac


The least-fun part of airline travel is not, for me, waiting in the security lines. One can knit in a security line, or even spin with a hand spindle. All that is required is the ability to shuffle along.

When waiting at the luggage carousel, however, you have to keep a sharp lookout for the subtle differences between your black suitcase and everyone else's black suitcase. Vain as I am of my ability to travel with only carry-on baggage, the recent ban on liquids and gels had me rethinking things.

This lilac suitcase jumped out at me at Target. It made me laugh. I'm sure everyone else will laugh when it pops up on the carousel.

The flyswatter included for scale. It's also been my personal sidearm lately. Mosquitoes big as grasshoppers knock on the door and come right in, due to the recent monsoons.

3 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

Love the color. At least you will be able to find your bag at the end of the trip! Black is great but let's face it, EVERYONE has one. I have a red one that is well on it's way to becoming black.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

A red one! How I envy you!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ande said...

Ha! Yours is great! I thought I was being smart a few years ago when I bought a red set. Seems all tere is on the carousel now is red and black! At least I know when I see that one I better start looking for you!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home