Sunday, October 29, 2006

Vacation Shopping






Who knew there was a Lush in Florence?! I've bought their soap in England, and in Boston I discovered Silky Underwear, a corn starch powder with cocoa butter. The Italian shops have the same bath powder, and they also have shower gel in bottles. Boston has bathing gel, but in jello-like cubes that escape down the drain.

Next to the church of San Lorenzo, there is a tiny yarn shop. Walk in the door and the yarn shelves are spread out below you, down a short flight of stairs. Pure Italian cashmere for 13 Euros per 25 grams, 190 yards. I think that was a bargain.

The shirt is from Sienna. There's a museum in the city hall with a mural called The Effects of Good Government on the City. I liked the colors, and the dog.

The waving cows on the socks caught my eye in a shop window in Lucca. There was a yarn shop on that street, but when I walked in, there was a heated discussion going on. I think it involved politics, or maybe a death threat. Or it may have been just the weather.

2 Comments:

Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

Yes, the cashmere was a real bargain.
Cate

4:28 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

If anyone reads this, I'm trapped in beta blogger. I can post there, I just can't GET there. Any suggestions?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home