Monday, March 12, 2007

Home Sick


I've been home all weekend with that gawd-awful stomach virus. As I slowly regained awareness of my surroundings, I wished for some slight diversion. The dogs are good for sympathy and keeping my feet warm, but not much else. Something soothing and amusing on TV was called for, but everything is stupid and/or violent. So I remembered some secondhand VHS movies I'd bought sometime ago, and put aside for just this situation.

Bend It Like Beckham is a charming movie. No bad guys. Nobody dies. When tension starts to build, Juliet Stevenson says something outrageously silly, like " Get your lesbian feet out of my shoes! " ( She's an all-time favorite; my last Netflix cd was an old mini-series of hers, The Polititian's Wife. )The ending is tidy and satisfying. Just The Thing. If I can figure out how to put a photo up, I will.

Time for another nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

Ugh. it's going around the office. Feel better soon.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hope you feel better soon -- that's a miserable ailment. I've had a respiratory thing that's kept me down this past week. I love that movie.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home