Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I've been in a Parallel Universe








And I spent my time blogging but no one was there to read it. Here's what I've dragged over to THIS version of reality. They were originally titled My Favorite Museums.


In Florence, the Uffizi is crowded and dark, but you can't blow off the Renaissance, right? And ya gotta see the David at the Academy. After the Must Sees, you get to go to the little museums with no ticket lines, no security lines, no bathroom lines. Take your time. Ahhh.

Behind the Duomo is the Museo dell' Opera del Duomo. Stuff that used to be in the cathedral and baptistry are in here. The original 'Gates of Paradise' panels are in a light-filled interior courtyard. Michelangelo has a supporting part in another, less famous, pieta. There is spinning content, weaving content, and even greyhounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home