Sunday, July 08, 2007

( I don't know why Blogger won't let me title this post. )
A most unusual week. Wood for the porch floor was purchased and primed; this morning Handy Phil said he'd be here between 8 and 9 - he arrived at 8:15, despite the international contractors' motto that says We Never Show Up. ( I did not make this up. It's a Dave Barry-ism. ) There is now a complete floor on the porch. With all the scraping, cleaning, and priming of the rest of it, all I have to do now is the actual painting. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but to me it is. Painting is the easy part. The fun part. It's all downhill from here... famous last words...

As for Sven, he is in the shop again, after cutting off in traffic again. It's too traumatic; I can't talk about it. The only amusing part is the view from the waiting area at the car rental place on Broad Street.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

There was a very similar type business (also near a lot of fast food) near the hospital where I was consulting in Augusta, GA. (Can't be comforting for the hospital patients to see that).

10:21 AM  
Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

The first time I saw that sign I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard.
Cate

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home