Saturday, September 15, 2007

September


I've been so depressed lately I forgot to celebrate the anniversary of my first Beatles concert.

I'm not at my best this time of year. The cool breezes put me in mind of Januaries past. I'm uneasy and restless, perhaps from some genetic migratory urge, and Back to School sale ads fill me with dread beyond the usual trauma of actually going back to school.

My best winter memory is from when I lived in my former abode. I'd make bread from scratch, put the pans into the oven, then go out and split logs for the wood stove. When I came back in, warmed up and teeming with endorphins, the smell of baking bread was heaven.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Oh, this is my favorite time of year -- I love when the weather cools.

A Beatles concert -- wow!

9:00 PM  
Blogger vlb5757 said...

I come alive in the fall and peak in the spring and then it's down time in the summer months. I hide out in the air conditioning and don't leave again until fall. Yeehaw my time is here. I love falling asleep during some football game that hubby is watching and having my unfinished knitting on my lap. I tend to bake more and cook more. I am so glad summer is over!!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home