Saturday, August 04, 2007

This is the New Color of the Porch Floor


Occasionally, I have a feeling that can only be described as the certainty of impending doom. OK, more than occasionally. Mostly it's just random, non-specific anxiety. This morning I had a bad feeling as I prepared for a jaunt to Home Depot, for porch floor paint. I picked up the camera as an afterthought.

The checkout lady put the gallon can on the counter, more off than on, and I watched in fascination as it slowly tilted, then fell, striking the floor along the upper edge, which caused the lid to pop off and shoot out a few feet, then roll drunkenly for a few more. The main body of paint unfolded itself from the can. It was ballet. It was tai chi. It was performance art. The best part was, it wasn't my fault, and I didn't get any on me.

Anxiety was instantly dispersed. Another gallon was procured, and the first coat was on the porch floor by the time Car Talk was over. The color is called Terrace View. I really like it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

I like it too!

3:06 PM  
Blogger vlb5757 said...

Now you know how lovely your paint looks with other colors! Looks really good. I bet it looks great on the porch too!

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home