Thursday, August 02, 2007

Anger Makes Me Tired


Yesterday I got called into the Principal's Office, so to speak, and belittled for stupid stuff. It was not criticism, nor correction. It was not a conversation between adults. It was blahblahblah from someone who doesn't belong in management, or anywhere near people.

I was annoyed at myself for not being able to immediately laugh it off. At home, my friend Ruth called (not her real name.) She loves to give advice. She said that when she was here the other day, she noticed that My Dog is Fat. She Needs to go on a Diet.

The Nerve.

Fortunately, last night was tai chi class. We meditate for half an hour, fling ourselves around loosening and warming our joints, then learn some new moves. I slept like a baby afterwards, and woke up before Lucy came bounding up the stairs to jump on the bed and lick my underarms.

Still, I feel the need for a change of scene. For someone else to cook and wash the dishes. To spend money that looks like play money, so it doesn't seem like I'm spending money at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger vlb5757 said...

I noticed that you have a French for Travelers. Is that a DVD where you can learn on the computer? I am so hoping to go back to France someday and speaking more of the language would be very helpful. Anger doesn't make me tired. It makes me EAT.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I haven't opened it yet - I think it's just CDs. When I go to UK I pop over to France to visit an English friend who moved there, and I keep trying to learn French. My last attempt was a tutor. Useless.I'm not expecting much this time, maybe just enough to change trains without getting lost.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home