Thursday, August 09, 2007

Can This Shawl Be Saved?


Or, I Went to Art College Because I Couldn't Do Math

I wanted a serious shawl; one that I could wrap around me, and tuck in, or tie. I couldn't tell how wide the little darlin' was on my 24" #6 circular needles, so I used all of my #6 needles to see just how wide this baby was. Astounding. Slightly bunched, although I had originally planned to block it when finished, the widest part of this shawl is over nine feet long.

Looking on the bright side, tomorrow I'll be going to the Yarn Lounge. Stewart and Melanie, and maybe even Janice, will Make it All Better, one way or another. And Homer, he helps me in so many ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheYarnLounge said...

Homer's put his thinking cap on so I'm sure he'll have a solution for you when he sees you... as long as you have a pocket full of treats.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I've got a 9-foot scarf that weighs a ton. Let me know if they perform any miracles!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home