Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hats, Mittens, Books





Greyhounds are a quiet bunch, as a rule. Stella the Foster is an exception. At 4 am she became jealous of the 4 others I'm babysitting. As I stumbled downstairs, song lyrics popped into my head
Four in the morning rain pouring down
the stove don't work, and my baby's left town

I don't recall the tune.

So I take pictures. Two swatch hats destined for Dulaan. Half of 3 pairs of mittens to go with hats commissioned last year. Medieval Hunting Scenes book, newly arrived. Stuff from the library, including the new Spenser book. Sample wisecrack : tough guy says "Who the f**k are you?" and Spenser replies "I often wonder, don't you? Late at night when you're alone?"

It's light out now. I'm going for a newspaper, then knitting and napping, if I can trick the dogs off the couch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ande said...

Good luck tricking them off. I have yet to find a way!
And I love Robert B Parker! Spenser is almost as hot as Daniel Craig. We'll in my mind he is, when represented by Robert Ulrich it's just 'ew'.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home