Friday, December 01, 2006

Black Friday


It was a dark and stormy morning. Jean and I met for breakfast, to go over details of tomorrow's delivery of newly-retired greyhounds. Everything is choreographed in advance, because the dogs arrive about 5 am, when we're not hitting on all cylinders.

But I digress.

I felt like wearing a dark grey shirt and black jeans, tho my usual rule is bright colors on dull days. After breakfast at Freckles, we checked out the consignment shop two doors down. Jean found a coral-colored cashmere sweater (she's a non-knitter, poor dear) and I got these funky black suede mary janes. My shopping mojo was in gear.

The Knitting Basket is just down Libbie Ave. I wanted something soft and black for mittens. I'm secret santa to a woman who wears black almost exclusively, and I'm making her a scarf from Knit Picks Suri Dream in Strawberry, 74% Suri alpaca, 22% wool, 4% nylon. If black mittens are included, with wide stripes of strawberry, maybe she'll wear the ensemble. This Nashua waved at me, 75% wool, 25% alpaca. We'll see how it goes: the latest attempt at behavior modification is going against the grain. Cate of Having a Knit Fitt says she cleans house for 15 minutes, then knits for 15 minutes. My dust bunnies taunt me like Marley hassles Scrooge, and I have to clean until I can stand to stop. Notice I didn't say until everything is clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home